What is 2-1-1?
2-1-1 is an easy to remember a telephone number that connects callers to
information about critical health and human services available in Ashland
County. For example, 2-1-1 can offer access to the following services;
- Basic human needs (food, shelter, clothing, utilities)
- Physical and mental health resources
- Support to older citizens and those with disabilities
- Support for children, youth and families
- Crisis lines.
Why is 2-1-1 good for Ashland County?
One number to call gets information about county-wide services 24 hours-aday-every day!
- Reduces inappropriate 911 calls
- Ensures that callers are directed to the appropriate agency
- Reduces the frustration of making multiple calls
- 24-hour service gets you the help you need when you need it.
How is 2-1-1 Funded?
United Way has received a matching grant from United Parcel Services
(UPS) to implement 2-1-1 for Ashland County. Additional funding is
provided by the interest from established endowment accounts from
individuals that have left a legacy in their estates to help improve lives in
Ashland County. No campaign contributions are used to fund the 2-1-1
Making Ashland County initiative. Better… Much Better!
A free veteran-staffed helpline to connect veterans, active military, reservists, national guards and their families to social, health and government services in Ashland County.
Simply dial 2-1-1 to receive guidance and information about:
• Employment leads
• Food, housing and utility assistance
• Counseling referrals
• Transportation to VA appointments
• VA benefits
• State benefit referrals
• VA healthcare enrollment
Call 2-1-1 or visit us online at 211oh.org
For direct contact to
Veteran Services in Ashland County
Veteran’s Service Office
110 Cottage Street
Ashland, OH 44805
Thank you veterans for your service to our country!!